IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2018 is around the corner. By now you must have started your preparation. But the question that might be troubling you is: How to Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2018? Read the article to know the answer to this question. Know the detailed exam pattern and the Subject – wise and general preparation tips to give a boost to your
|Exam Conducting Body||IBPS|
|Exam Stages||Prelims & Mains|
|Exam(Stage II)||20th January 2019|
IBPS Clerk Mains 2018 Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern has undergone a change this year in which the number of questions has increased. Read the detailed mains exam pattern by clicking on the button below.
| Name of Tests|
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
There is a penalty for wrong answers marked in both Prelims as well as Mains. A wrong answer will lead to a penalty of 1/4th of the total mark assigned to that question. There will be no penalty for unanswered question.
Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2018 – Subject Wise Preparation Tips
- In order to score high in English Language section, you need to be strong with your basics of English grammar. Knowledge of grammar will help you attempt questions related to Error Spotting, Active and Passive Voice, Tense, Subject-Verb Agreement, Direct and Indirect Speech etc.
- Building your vocabulary is another key factor. Learn new words, their meanings and usage. Read newspapers, magazines and good books to improve your vocabulary.
- Developing the habit of reading will help you read faster and you can completely understand the message they want to convey very quickly. This will help you to quickly answer the questions in Comprehension Tests which are asked based on a passage. Reading has to be done regularly in order to improve your reading and understanding ability.
- Refer to the previous year question papers to know what is the pattern in which the set questions from a particular event or issue. Notice which are the types of news they focus on and study accordingly.
- Refer to standard books which will enhance your knowledge. Static GK is based on static facts which do not change. So refer previous year question papers and plan accordingly.
- The syllabus of Banking Awareness is well defined; so, study and memorize the contents under it. The topics included are: History of Banking Systems, Types of Banks, Role of Banks, RBI and its Functions, Inflation-Deflation, National Economy, etc. Focus more on current affairs and banking awareness as they carry the maximum weightage of marks.
- To prepare for Current Affairs read newspapers, current affairs magazines, etc.
Altogether in General Awareness / Financial awareness section, questions will be based on recent happenings (especially related to the financial world). Thus, have this basic idea and also try and focus on the well-known or generally known facts.
- Solving formula-based questions and questions related to basic concepts of Mathematics do not take more time. So, you can easily practice them in your free time. You just need to learn the formulae, get to know where and how to apply and practice.
- In the case of Data Interpretation and Quadratic Equation problems, you need continuous practice and need to develop analytical skills. You will get to know how to solve once you understand and interpret the data given.
- On the other hand, there are tougher topics like Probability, Time-Speed-Distance, Permutations and Combinations, Time and Work, Mensuration and Geometry, etc., that are quite tricky. These type of questions are compulsory and you need to first understand the theoretical background for these topics, then try to understand how to approach the problems, visualize the concepts and learn why and which formula is appropriate.
- These problems consume more time. Thus, devote more time to such topics and keep practicing. Getting exposure to more questions of different types and difficulty levels will help master this section.
Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
The basic topics in the Reasoning Ability section are Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Input-output, Syllogism, Order and Ranking, Data Sufficiency, Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, etc.
- Finish the non-descriptive topics that require just common sense and go for the the puzzles later.
- For puzzles, read and understand carefully, pay attention to variables involved, practice multiple parameter based questions. Practice the puzzles regularly to increase accuracy.
- For seating arrangement problems, start with noting down the direct information, be clear with the terms used and their relations, arrange these data and then focus on indirect data to approach the correct answer.
- Develop the habit of making diagrams or doing paperwork instead of solving verbally. Refer to your books and understand the logic related to the question. You must have an idea regarding how to approach a question and proceed further to solve it. Books and online study materials will help you out. Also, go through example/solved questions.
For Computer Aptitude, focus on theoretical knowledge of computer systems, hardware and software and revise them regularly so that you don’t forget. For topics like Microsoft Office, Keyboard Shortcuts, etc., practice on a computer. It will help in better retention.
Crack IBPS Clerk 2018 – Overall Preparation Tips
Focus on the Scoring Topics
- Now that the exam is just around the corner, you are not left with much time so, try to invest the time left carefully.
- Give priority to the Scoring Topics during your preparation.
- Given below is a list of scoring topics from every section.
Attempt Mock Tests
- Attempt as many mock tests as you can as they will help you realize your performance and preparation level.
- After giving any test, analyze your performance. Carefully observe your mistakes and know how you can correct them.
- Mark all the difficult questions which you think you will need to revise before the exam.
- Click on the link below to attempt Mock Tests.
Go Through Model Question Papers
- Going through Previous Year Papers will help you know the exam pattern and the weightage of the topics.
- Solve the Live Leak Questions given below to give a boost to your preparation.
Do’s & Don’ts During Preparation
- Set a Goal – Before everything else, set a goal. You should know your aim before you strike for it. Don’t give the exam just for the sake of it. Know whether this is what you actually want to do and then start your preparation.
- Study Plan – Count the days left for the exam and start dividing the syllabus evenly among those days. Stick to your study plan.
- Start your preparation– Once you are done with the study plan, begin with it as early as possible. The more you procrastinate, the more difficult it will be for you to complete the syllabus. It is not possible to prepare for an exam like IBPS Clerk in a few days. Devoting a lot of time is very necessary for you to crack this exam.
- Analyze – Analyze your level of preparation. Even before you start preparing, you need to know how much you already know, so that you can work on your weak areas and improve on your strong points.
- Strategize – In the exam, attempt the easy questions first. Don’t waste your time on a question if you are stuck. Move on to the next questions and come back to it later if you have time. It is important for you to cover as many questions as you can.
Hope that this article on How to Crack IBPS Clerk 2018 was helpful to you. To know more about the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2018, read the articles given below.